Skip to main content

ATAH!! (my paternal grandma)




This is my paternal grandma. The baby? It's Umar! My beloved son :)

My dad's mom.

I call her Atah (gandma in Perak. "Atah" is usually used by the royal families in Perak)

She's is so special to me. I love her so much.

Wanna know why?

Ive lived for 28 years old, and I only have the chance to meet her for the very first time this year!

Its such a long story why this happened but trust me, my atah is sooo nice. She has a very kind heart, I believe that is why Allah chose her to be a Muslim about more than 70 years ago.

Her name is Mariam Gregory Abdullah. She was born to Ceylonist and Baba Nyonya Chinese parents. Her dad which is my great grandfather was a Ceylonist (Sri Lankan- fair skin Indian) and her mom which is my great grandmother was a Baba Nyonya Chinese ( only speak Malay & English at home, lived like Malay people, did not know to speak Chinese). Obviously, I am a mixed blood human being! Hahaha, Alhamdulillah for that :)) .

Atah got married to my grandfather ( my dad's father), the late YAM Raja Muda Musa Ibni Almarhum YTM Sultan Abdul Aziz , that explained the conversion from Catholic to Islam, Alhamdulillah for that :))

There's so much to talk about her but I want to keep it low, because I love her so much!!

Love u so much Atah and thanks for every single thing that you had gone through , every single sacrifices you had done, for my dad and for the rest of family, only Allah knows u better than anyone else, I know and I believe you are the sweetest!!


Love,
RKA
19 Nov 2014
putrajaya



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 WISHLIST!!!

Assalamualaikum & hello there!! lagi sebulan je nak masuk tahun baru 2015 i am sure 2015 gonna be an awesome yet fulfilling year for me, InsyaALLAH! first thing first, I am going to be back in office soon..tak zabarrrr (ok zabar = sabar , adik2 jangan tiru, rosak BM nanti). so, rasa nya bila dah ada kerja, adalah income...macam2 plan nak buat, yelah, almost 2 years tak kerja apa2 pun syukur Ya ALLAH, Ya Rahman, Ya Rahim..dengan kasih sayangNya, impian nak masuk kerja balik after baby umar 6 bulan, tercapai..syukur sangat..dan yang bestnya, Allah bagi kerja masa umar dah nak masuk 9 bulan! Ya Allah, hebatnya aturan Allah..sebab 9 bulan maknanya umar dah strong dah, Alhamdulillah..sedangkan apply kerja start dari dia 6 bulan, tapi baru ni ada rezeki, so Allah nak i tunggu dulu , jaga umar dulu betul2 bagi dia strong then masuk kerja balik..THANK YOU ALLAH S.W.T , I LOVE YOU MY LORD :) <3 btw, dah ada wishlist untuk 2015, ni among the wishlists , ada lagi wishlist lain a...

Uber sadaqah

Yesterday at Ikea Cheras,  when I was waiting for my husband to fetch me from the waiting area,  I saw an old aunty asking from people the direction to the MRT station. All of them did not know and couldn't help her until there's one guy came to her and told her direction.  She thanked him and walked away, heading to the said direction. Emm I hope the guy was correct because from my sight,  I did not see any MRT station from where I stood. The old aunty,  who I can say, a grandmother too,  had to walk quite far actually,  on her own,  she had no transport. I felt quite bad for not offering any help. Actually I was waiting with Ikea stuffs in a trolley with my son in a stroller,  hence, I was quite full-handed. Hope that the aunty got any help from any kind souls along the way. I told my husband about there and he told me that it's good to have an Uber or Grab app so that we can offer help to those in need of transport. It's a sadaqah too. ...